Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lego Man Marries a Unicorn


The other day my good friend Katie texted me. "Hey Bailey," she said. "Can you draw me a picture of a Lego man marrying a unicorn?" "Okay," I replied. And here's how that went.

I started the drawing in pencil, then used a thick ink pen for the outlines and did the rest of the coloring and shading with a brand new set of colored pencils (a little life pleasure right up there with breaking the yolk on a poached egg).

Basic pose (had to figure out how to make the unicorn not tower over the Lego man)

More detail, editing of unicorn face to be more feminine

Beginnings of color and shading

Brick wall (wish I had left out the ivy)

Numbering

I later found out this was for Katie's friend's wedding. Apparently, he's really into Legos and she's really into unicorns. Seems pretty solid.


No comments:

Post a Comment