Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Romeo Jacket: Construction


So here's the next installment of the Romeo jacket construction. This, more specifically, is the bottom layer of the coat. The actual leather part of the jacket is more of a vest that rests over the bottom layer (I liked the effect of the sleeves coming out of the arm openings as if it were a vest).


Unfortunately, the sleeves didn't quilt as I'd hoped. I think it'll take another layer underneath and maybe a bit more wherewithal. But I did stitch the parallel lines down the cloth so at least the detail will be there. And I'll know it's there, which can sometime mean quite a lot. Anyway, here are the rest of the construction photos:




Sleeve with quilting detail

Leather overlay

Stay tuned to see how she finished up!

No comments:

Post a Comment