Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Fairly Swanky Summer Luncheon


As much as I love the feeling of discovering a new cookbook, selecting a recipe, putting together a grocery list, and finally concocting the dish there are nevertheless some days when I love to go to the grocery store, pick up whatever is looking fresh and delicious and just arrange all that goodness on a plate. And then eat it all up with a loved one. This is one such lunch Peter and I enjoyed this summer and I hope it inspires you to try a swanky summer lunch of your own. Keeping it classy also justifies drinking white wine before 1 p.m., at least in my book.


All you really need for this particular spread is:
-sausage
-heirloom cherry tomatoes
-burrata cheese
-grapes
-arugula
-lemon
-freshly grated salt and pepper
-a crusty baguette
-white wine
-a friend to share it with!

My favorite way to have arugula is by sprinkling the greens with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh salt and pepper. If you have it (and are as addicted to it as I am), serving the sliced baguette alongside a dish of white truffle oil is just about the cherry on the top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment