Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chocolate Fudge Sauce


I figure you and I are friends by now, dear reader, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret: this is one of the best recipes ever. Are you spending a lot of time on a fancy dinner and don't want to worry as much about dessert but still want something nice to serve to your guests? Don't want to buy a lot of weird ingredients? Make this. It uses one saucepan, is ready (literally) in ten minutes from start to finish and never fails to impress.


I'm actually kind of embarrassed to share the recipe with you, it's so easy. But, I mean, Peter half-jokes that this is the reason he pursued me for so long. When I pointed out that I never actually made him chocolate sauce before we started dating he replied that he "had a feeling" I could make a really good chocolate sauce.

That's how good this is. You're welcome.

Peg Koomey's Chocolate Fudge Sauce
(Peg Koomey was a good friend of my Mom's. I am indebted to her forever.)

1 cup cream (in a pinch I've also made it with half and half)
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 dash salt

Stir cream into large saucepan over low heat and add butter. When butter melts, slightly increase heat until the mixture just barely boils. Whisk in sugars and reduce heat. Whisk in salt, cocoa and vanilla. Remove from heat, let cool just slightly, and spoon over Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream.

That's it. I'm serious. Now go make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment